CBD – its been touted for its various medicinal benefits, from providing relief from pain, anxiety, sleeplessness and much more!
Then you will want to figure out the best way to consume it!
With anything, including various marijuana recipes, you will want to start slow. Try a little bit of CBD and see how it affects you and increase your dosage a little at a time.
The dosage will also depend if you decide to get CBD Gummies, CBD Tinticure, CBD Capsules, CBD Oil and so forth.
For purposes of cooking, we are going to want CBD oil. You do not want Vape Oil for cooking. Look for sublingual oil, this means it is designed to be dropped under the tongue. It usually comes in MCT oil which is derived from coconuts and perfect for cooking. CBDFX has sublingual oils in MCT at great prices.
For the dosage of the oils, read the labels, but start with 1 or 2 drops per serving and increase from there based on how you feel and react.
Cooking With CBD
Ok, so now on to the fun stuff, making food with our CBD!
Toast and Butter – A classic and all-time favorite, this is a simple staple that is easy to make. There are a few methods we can go about to make our Toast & CBD Butter.
- Place butter into a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30-45 seconds until it becomes soft, slightly melted.
- Mix the butter that is soft with the melted part and add 3-4 drops of CBD oil.
- Allow to sit for 4 minutes and firm up slightly
- Spread on toast! Enjoy
- Bonus – add a few slices of avacado to the top of the toast!
Making CBD Butter In Bulk
You may want to make a batch of CBD butter to use over many days or in different recipes. The process is similar to how we make our marijuana butter.
- You will need 2 cups of butter, 20ml of CBD oil, 1 Cup of Water and 2 Hours of your time
- Break up butter into small pieces (cutting it or however you like), place it in a stockpot with CBD Oil and Water and cook on low heat for about 2 hours.
- Be mindful of the heat, you do not want it to go above 350 degrees as this can burn off the CBD goodness! You will also want to make sure to stir regularly to keep the mixture together.
- Once the water has cooked off, pour into a container and place in the fridge, the butter will be ready once solidified.
CBD Coffee – What goes better with your morning toast then a fresh cup of Joe? There are a few ways we can add CBD goodness to our coffee.
- Make your coffee how you like, add 3-4 drops of CBD oil to the coffee and stir!
- Into the “bulletproof” coffee craze? Make your coffee and use CBD Oil Butter in your coffee!
Something Other Than Breakfast Foods Please!
Do you like pasta? Do you like Pesto? Let’s make CBD Pesto Pasta!
Making Pesto is really easy. All you need is 2 cups Fresh Basil, 3 Cloves Garlic, 1/2 Cup Pine nuts, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
In a blender combine Basil, Garlic, Nuts, Cheese and 1/4 cup olive oil. Pulse in blender until a coarse paste. Add 1/4 cup of CBD oil, pulse one last time and bam! CBD Pesto sauce. Boil up some pasta, toss in the sauce and enjoy a nice dinner!