The key to a good Italian dish is an amazing sauce. What makes an Italian dish good if one doesn’t gloat over the sauce? The classic tomato sauce or a rich and creamy white sauce, be it Alfredo or Béchamel. The sauce is important, it is what elevates the whole dish. You name it; Pizzas, Spaghetti, Meat Balls, Lasagna or simply pasta, all of these need a sauce that stands out in quality. You can improvise your dish and elevate it by just adding a few superior ingredients and perfect a scrumptious sauce every time.
Over the last few years, adding a bit of kick in the kitchen by incorporating some cannabis in the cooking has become trendy. With the advancements in Medicinal Marijuana and Recreational Marijuana, the undeniable benefits exist, it’s time to try a little healing flower in our cooking.
So here is a mouthwatering Marinara Recipe made better with the therapeutic properties of marijuana to jump-start your cooking with a herbal influence. Lets jump in and make some Marijuana Marinara! ~Chef MJ
Prep time: 5mins
Cooking time: 1Hr
Serves: 4 cups
1/2 cup of cannabis-infused olive oil
1 can of whole plum tomatoes
1/2 cup of chicken broth (preferably Italian style)
1/4 cup of loosely packed fresh basil
2 Tbps of tomato paste
1 Tbps of garlic seasoning or garlic salt
4-6 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, diced finely
1 bay leaf
1 Tsp oregano
1 Tsp sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a saucepan to medium high and sauté the onions along with the garlic salt, make sure not to burn. Turn down to a simmer.
- Add in the cannabis infused olive oil, until the onion softens and turns slightly golden in color. This would take around 6 minutes on simmering flame.
- Once the onions are well sautéed throw in the finely chopped garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes, stir and simmer for a bit before adding the sugar, bay leaf and oregano. Partially cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer a little longer so that the flavors merge, the sauce reduces and turns deeper in color. This will take a good 20 minutes, so u can set the timer, sit back and relax while it’s simmering.
- Remove the lid, stir once and add the fresh basil. Then season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and cook for another 5 minutes.
You can serve it immediately or leave it to cool completely before refrigerating it up to a week or it can also be stored in the freezer for almost a month. But I’m sure it will be well used before that, as it is irresistible.
This one pasta sauce recipe can do wonders and be of use in making multiple Italian dishes. You can pour it over pasta, cook the meatballs in it, serve as a dipping for garlic bread, used as a pizza sauce or just to flavor any of your Italian dishes.
Cannabis oil is a miracle worker and can be used in many ways, especially added in the kitchen to heighten the flavor and keep the party going. Trust me, this Marijuana Marinara can just levitate your party food. Enjoy!